Prop it up.
Dec. 16th, 2011 06:47 pmI'm trying hard not to feel sorry for myself right now. I've got a job that pays decently, and is permanent. My boss seems to want me to stick around a bit.
I've got friends who love and support me and plans for Christmas and New Year's Eve. I'm in a much better place mentally and physically than I am most winters.
It's hard tho - this week I'm really feeling the crux of trying to prioritize my free time in a way that honours where I am. And sometimes I'm not sure where I am. Over the years my friends have become more important and more of a solid foundation for my life. Relationships, though, still call to me. And I often have a feeling that I have come to frame as a desire to build a closer, day-to-day family.
A strange conflict - what do I really want, and am I building towards it?
In the meantime, there are anti-inflammatories and stretching. Groceries and cooking. Crafting and emailing. All the little things that build a bigger life.
I've got friends who love and support me and plans for Christmas and New Year's Eve. I'm in a much better place mentally and physically than I am most winters.
It's hard tho - this week I'm really feeling the crux of trying to prioritize my free time in a way that honours where I am. And sometimes I'm not sure where I am. Over the years my friends have become more important and more of a solid foundation for my life. Relationships, though, still call to me. And I often have a feeling that I have come to frame as a desire to build a closer, day-to-day family.
A strange conflict - what do I really want, and am I building towards it?
In the meantime, there are anti-inflammatories and stretching. Groceries and cooking. Crafting and emailing. All the little things that build a bigger life.